We focus on saving lives on college campuses with tangible solutions because
No one should die from a preventable death.
With the administration of Naloxone, opioid overdoses can be reversed and lives can be saved. Even today, we believe our institutions of higher learning remain unprepared to address these unfortunate realities.
In 2017, we recognized a critical need for pragmatic policy implementation at a local level to better curb problematic opiate usage at American educational institutions. We continue this vision in our support of harm reduction programs and campus recovery systems.
Our mission is to reduce the number of opioid deaths on college campuses to zero. We will accomplish this by advocating for Institutions to advocate five policies:
1) Requiring that campus police and residential staff receiving training in the recognition of an opioid overdose
2) Require that campus police and residential staff carry Narcan - the antidote for an opioid overdose
3) Require that school record and report the number of opioid overdoses and deaths in their annual drug and alcohol report.
4) Enact an amnesty policy that will protect students from legal ramifications should they report an opioid overdose.
5) Enact a good Samaritan clause protecting students who come to the aid of someone suffering from an opioid overdose.