We focus on saving lives on college campuses because
No one should die from a preventable death.
With the administration of Naloxone, opioid overdoses can be reversed and lives can be saved. Right now, our institutions of higher learning are unprepared to address these situations.
“Our vision is to reduce the number of opioid deaths on college campuses to zero”
“Our mission is to reduce the number of opioid deaths on college campuses to zero. We will accomplish this by advocating for Institutions to advocate five policies:
1) Requiring that campus police and residential staff receiving training in the recognition of an opioid overdose
2) Require that campus police and residential staff carry Narcan – the antidote for an opioid overdose
3) Require that school record and report the number of opioid overdoses and deaths in their annual drug and alcohol report.”
4) Enact an amnesty policy that will protect students from legal ramifications should they report an opioid overdose.
5) Enact a good Samaritan clause protecting students who come to the aid of someone suffering from an opioid overdose.